A Home For Winter's current shelter provision programme in Calais aims to create 600 shelters to house circa 3000 people in the camp, in collaboration with L'auberge des Migrants and Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors without Borders). We plan to accomplish this through providing a combination of pre-fabricated shelters built in our workshop and assembled by teams on-site, and additionally by providing pre-fabricated components and the necessary tools for assembly to members of migrant communities so that they complete the shelters using their own labour.
To facilitate these objectives we are currently...
- Raising funds to resource shelter provision programmes
- Fabricating shelters for the camp in Calais
- Managing the on-going workshop operation
- Procuring materials and tools
- Finding and organising volunteers
- Liaising and coordinating activities other organisations involved in providing support to refugees and migrants
We couldn't do what we do without your involvement and support. We will always strive to show you the impact that your support is making to real people, because we believe that it's vitally important that everyone understand that their actions, no matter how seemingly small or inconsequential, can make a difference.